Friday, January 30, 2009

It's All About March/Here's Some Decent Folks

  Welp, I still don't have Photoshop, but I did figure out how to adjust photos in iphoto, so I guess I got no excuses. I'm gonna start posting more frequently now, scouts honor. All through the month of March, I plan on posting a cool painting experiment thing I'm excited about, so there you go. 
  Here's a park sketch. These were ideal customers. Say what you will about prejudging people, but can't you just tell some people are gonna be decent folks just by lookin at um? Can't you?!

7 comments:

vhpayes@yahoo.com said...

I know what you mean about prejudging. After I started working at a theme park it became painfully obvious that stereotypes develop from reality. You are right, sometimes you just know when a customer is going to be a picky pain, and when they are going to be fun to draw.

Thanks for coming over to my blog and leaving a comment. I never know if I should answer questions on my blog or on the other person's blog, but I drew that Joe caricature from the pictures posted on drawingboard.org. Although, I have seen some done of him before, I try not to imitate anyone's style.

Aaronphilby said...

I don't know about everybody else, but if I leave a question comment I always go back to the blog and check for an answer a couple days later.

KEV said...

thats why you set it up so you get an email everytime someone leaves a comment on your blog. it tells you who left it and on what post.


awesome sketch. how did you lose photoshop? didnt beau give it to you??

justfrancesca said...

Umm....no. You NEVER know, Aaron.
And what's this about you needing to adjust your pictures? I've never done anything to mine. What do you do to yours?

By the way, I like this drawing. I'm glad you're posting.

justfrancesca said...

You did a good job with the bodies! Bodies are always hard for me, but the difficulty increases 100% when two body situations are interacting, you know?

Aaronphilby said...

I always adjust the levels and stuff.

Anonymous said...

If you don't have photoshop, gimp is free, and can do the same stuff.