Monday, February 22, 2010

Its All Politics

This is Rush Limbaugh. He is a very talented entertainer. He is very entertaining if politics entertains you or if the idea of entertainment entertains you. If you're a liberal person, you can enjoy Rush by seeing it all as an elaborate act, sort of a spoof. If you're conservative it won't be at all difficult to enjoy his show. Rush is the biggest central force in conservatism as human beings go. I don't think Liberals even have such a force to speak of. I guess maybe the whole entertainment industry, maybe. And I'm including News in that category.

This is Barak Obama. You know him. You love him or loved him or not at all. He's a good spokesman for the executive branch. He's tallish and lanky. He's got that uptown fade. He's got pants such that when he sits down and crosses his leg you can almost see how long his socks are.
This is Katie Couric. She's a big news lady that I haven't really seen yet. Shame on me, but Tv News is probly fake anyway. Here we see Katie with her chewing tobacco and turtle neck.

9 comments:

chris chUa! said...

I like the katie. don't think I've seen that take on her...or maybe I just haven't seen that many takes on her in general. but that's not trying to take anything away from yours. I likes it.

Nate said...

that Katie is freakin hilarious!!!!

Eric Goodwin said...

These sketches are so loose and fun! How long do these normally take you to do, and are they normally first-takes?

Unknown said...

these are great aaron - i've gotta agree with chris i love the katie but they're all awesome!

Aaronphilby said...

Yeah. I think the Katie is the best of the three as caricatures go. The Rush likeness is a little off, I think and bla bla whatev.

Eric, to answer your question. The Katie was second take. The rush was first take, I think. Obama was first take, but I've drawn him before and the likeness ain't great, anyway. I did a lot of erasing on that one, too.

justfrancesca said...

SWEET! I love these. You got Limbaugh's mass.

david o'keefe said...

that's fabulous! IT'S HER!!!

Aaronphilby said...

Thanks, David O'Keefe!

Aaronphilby said...

and Francesca!